Published September 04, 2019
It’s 2019—self-driving cars, 3D printed wardrobes, and robots with the ability to predict and react like real people all exist. And you’re still manually printing and mailing your invoices? Think again. It’s time to embrace technology. Go paperless and start sending invoices with the click of a button! Read on if you’re interested in exploring the various business benefits of going paperless.
1. Save Money and Resources
What business doesn’t want to save money, and cut costs wherever possible? With 82 percent of companies still spending billions on paper, it’d seem like a no brainer to go paperless. E-invoices are here to help your bank account. Say goodbye to routine runs to the office supply store, emptying out your wallet to yet again buy more paper—no need to spend on paper when clients can receive invoices directly in their inboxes! Also, save yourself the headache and extra cost of contacting a technician when your printer starts acting up. Cha-ching!
2. Increase Productivity
Do you often find yourself at work repeating the phrase, “if only I had more time…?” If so, going paperless is the solution for you. By doing away with paper invoices, think of all the minutes of your life spent preparing, printing, and mailing invoices that you’ll get back. Sounds like more time to productively accomplish in-office tasks, so that you can catch up on your favorite TV series after work instead of finishing up incomplete projects. A win-win!
3. Digitize Your Business
We’re living in a digital age where it’s crucial to constantly evolve with and implement the latest technological developments in your business practices. Transitioning from paper to digital invoices is an easy first step to digitize your company.
To further advance towards being a digital business, your company could make small changes such as going paperless with other documents including on-boarding forms, contracts, and receipts. Have clients and employees fill out forms online rather than via an abundance of printed paperwork. Added bonus: it will also spare you from having yet another pile of paper cluttering up your desk or filing cabinet!
4. Receive Payments Faster
Paper invoices are a nuisance for both customers and businesses. Customers must go through the hassle of either providing credit card information, mailing a check, or making a payment in-person to pay their balance. For businesses, all of these options delay the payment process. Luckily, e-invoices speed up the payment process so you can be paid immediately! Both customers and businesses benefit from this simplified and convenient payment process.
5. Contribute to Helping the Environment
Data from the Global Forest Resource Assessment reveals that approximately 80,000 to 160,000 trees are cut down every day worldwide—most of which is used in the paper industry. Deforestation is a major contributor to climate change, so why not make a simple change to reduce your business’s impact on the environment?
By transitioning to paperless invoicing, your business will be helping to conserve trees, ultimately reducing the amount of deforestation. To further entice you to go paperless, the U.S. Department of Energy incentivizes eco-friendly business practices via tax credits and rebates. Go green!
The list of reasons to go paperless goes on and on, so what are you waiting for? Sign up for Invoice Home today to try the best and most convenient method of e-invoicing!
- HOW TO: Add Two Taxes or a Compounded Tax to an Invoice
- HOW TO: Manually Mark Invoices as Paid
- HOW TO: Copy Invoice Items Quickly!
- HOW TO: Add Taxable and Non-Taxable Items on One Invoice
- HOW TO: Self-Organized Invoicing is Here!
- HOW TO: Get Paid in a Flash With Payment Links!
- HOW TO: Invoice Customers Faster With the Email Feature!
- HOW TO: Copy an Invoice to Create a New One
- 300 Stunning Invoice Templates for a Polished, Professional Look!
- 3 Tips For Enjoying Summer, Even When You Have to Work!
- 7 Ways to Prevent Work-From-Home Burnout
- How to Get a Customer to Pay Your Invoice
- New Year’s Resolutions for Small Business Owners
- Holiday Gifts for Small Business Owners
- Why You Should Use an Invoice Template Software
- Managing & Engaging Your Remote Employees
- How to Deal With Difficult Customers
- How to Send an Invoice
- 4 Simple Steps to Start Freelancing
- How Your Business Can Profit From Halloween
- You’re Setting the Wrong Goals for Your Business
- How to Get Over Your Phone Anxiety
- Questions to Ask Yourself When Starting a Business
- 4 Steps to Take When Taking on a New Client
- Introducing Cash Receipt Templates!
- How to Make Your Small Business More Professional
- 9 Invoicing Documents, and When You Should Use Them
- Common Mistakes Freelancers Make
- How to Network Without Leaving Your Home
- 6 Signs That You Might be Ready for a Side Hustle
- 8 Financial Blogs Small Business Owners Need to Read
- How to Prevent Late Payments on Invoices
- Top 10 Countries by Startup Ecosystem
- 5 Reasons To Use Paperless Invoices
- How to Avoid a Toxic Workplace
- Why You Should Upgrade to Unlimited Invoicing
- Tech and Economy: How Tel Aviv became the Start-up City
- The Importance of Customer Service
- What is an Invoice?
- 5 Plants to Minimize Toxins & Maximize Productivity
- M-Commerce in Developing Countries
- Customize Your Invoice
- 9 Ways to Vacation Stress-Free
- How to Get Your Laptop Spring-Ready
- The Truth About Failure
- 5 Women You Should Know About
- The Most Expensive Super Bowl Ads of All Time
- Top 10 Cities for Female Entrepreneurs
- Jobs That Didn't Exist 20 Years Ago
- Gifts for the Entrepreneur in Your Life
- How to Secure Your Small Business
- Unique Ways to Thank Your Customers
- Best Cities to Live in With a Salary of $50,000
- How to Separate Yourself from Your Business
- How to Manage Your Mental Health as a Business Owner
- Books to Read Before Starting a Business
- 5 Ways to Get Loyal Customers
- Why You Should Take a Staycation
- Businesses You Can Start While Working Full Time
- Should Freelancers Ever Work for Free?
- How to Stay Active at the Office
- Best Business Ideas for People Who Love to Travel
- How to Perfect Your Elevator Pitch
- The Best Places in the World to Work Online From
- 5 Businesses You Can Start for Free
- How to Organize Your Desk for Maximum Productivity
- How Your Business Can Profit off the World Cup
- What the Color of Your Logo Says About Your Business
- How to Become a Wedding Planner
- Why Veterans Make Perfect Entrepreneurs
- Why Every Day Should Be "Take Your Dog to Work Day"
- 3 tips For First-Time Freelancers
- 3 Tips for a Stress-Free Vacation
- Spring Cleaning in The Office
- 5 Tips When Starting Your Business
- New to Invoicing
- 3 Tips on Last Minute Tax Filing
- Characteristics of a Successful Business Owner
- Accomplishing Your 2018 Goals
- How to Set and Achieve Your New Year's Goals
- Tips For Boosting Your Productivity
- Motivational Quotes to Get You Through Any Day
- New Flags on The Template Gallery!
- Be Featured on Our Site!
- How to Create Your First Invoice
- A Helping Hand on the Road to Success
- How Wine and Invoicing Go Together
- How to Use 'My Reports' as Statements
- 1st Day of Summer
- A Faster Way to Organize and View Your Documents
- 3 Ways to Wrap Up Your Month
- 5 Activities You Have Time for While Using Invoice Home
- Creating a Partial Payment
- What Invoices and Technology have in Common
- Get an Invoice that Suits You
- Need more details in your Invoice? No problem! Use the Advanced Form.
- Ready to bill your client? Awesome! Time to convert your Estimate into an Invoice.
- Stay organized! Bookmark customers, unpaid.. Here’s how!
- Providing discounts? Effortless work-flow here!
- 500 Free Business Logos for You!
- Don't mess with passwords anymore!
- See why the New Invoice Home got a 5 Star Rating!
- 100 Professional Invoice Templates to promote your Brand