Published August 16, 2019
Warning, high levels of toxicity are harmful (we’re not referring to the literal toxins in the air, those can be taken care of with plants). We are talking about office dynamics, interactions, or a lack thereof.
It’s no secret that most people spend the majority of their waking hours at their jobs, working! And who wants to spend the majority of their time in a place that makes them miserable? So, as business owners it's important to secure the happiness of your employees. The more content they are the better the outcome is for both them and your company.
But maybe you aren’t sure if your business environment is malignant, and if it is, maybe you’re not sure how to fix it. In this case, we recommend checking out Is your Workplace Toxic? an article by The Hartford. It explains, in great detail, these exact questions; starting from the signs, to figuring out the cause, leading all the way to the how’s of fixing or preventing the problem.
If you’re curious to know what we find helpful in maintaining a TOXIC FREE WORKPLACE at Invoice Home, keep reading!
We believe it’s crucial to let employees know they are doing well when they are. There is nothing like the feeling of being recognized and appreciated for an accomplishment, even if it’s small. It’s encouraging for the employee and gives them an incentive to continue the great work. However, If there is some constructive feedback to be made, It’s always best if accompanied by something positive, this is referred to as “The Feedback Sandwich”. The first layer of the sandwich is positive as it is the foundation, which will later be a part in holding it all together. The second part of the sandwich are all the layers inside, which usually consist of a mixture of both good things and things that can be improved (constructive feedback). The last part is the positive piece of bread which is what finally completes the sandwich. In short, we start with the positive, add some constructive criticism and end with something positive. It’s the best way to ensure progress while never making anyone feel bad.
We can’t stress this point enough, working together is key! We make it a point to meet at least once a week, this helps with staying in the loop, not to mention more minds are always better than one. The more we communicate, the better our ideas become and the more we appreciate and understand what each person brings to the company. The more you communicate, the more you feel like a team, and everyone enjoys being a part of a team they can trust. We are not saying you must become best friends, but frequent interactions and respectful behavior towards others always help the ship sail smoother.
Being the Example
We believe, as employers, or a management team, it’s crucial to treat everyone with equal respect. It’s necessary to solve problems with reason and to never be the reason for the problems. If you show your employees you care, their work ethic will show you they care, (not just about the paycheck) about your company! In order to have top-notch employees, you must be a top-notch employer!
We hope this was helpful for you, and we wish you the best of luck with your business! Remember, when your employees are treated well, your business can excel.
- 7 Ways to Prevent Work-From-Home Burnout
- How to Get a Customer to Pay Your Invoice
- New Year’s Resolutions for Small Business Owners
- Holiday Gifts for Small Business Owners
- Why You Should Use an Invoice Template Software
- Managing & Engaging Your Remote Employees
- How to Deal With Difficult Customers
- How to Send an Invoice
- 4 Simple Steps to Start Freelancing
- You’re Setting the Wrong Goals for Your Business
- How to Get Over Your Phone Anxiety
- Questions to Ask Yourself When Starting a Business
- 4 Steps to Take When Taking on a New Client
- Introducing Cash Receipt Templates!
- How to Make Your Small Business More Professional
- 9 Invoicing Documents, and When You Should Use Them
- Common Mistakes Freelancers Make
- How to Network Without Leaving Your Home
- 6 Signs That You Might be Ready for a Side Hustle
- 8 Financial Blogs Small Business Owners Need to Read
- How to Prevent Late Payments on Invoices
- Top 10 Countries by Startup Ecosystem
- 5 Reasons To Use Paperless Invoices
- How to Avoid a Toxic Workplace
- Why You Should Upgrade to Unlimited Invoicing
- Tech and Economy: How Tel Aviv became the Start-up City
- The Importance of Customer Service
- What is an Invoice?
- 5 Plants to Minimize Toxins & Maximize Productivity
- M-Commerce in Developing Countries
- Customize Your Invoice
- 9 Ways to Vacation Stress-Free
- How to Get Your Laptop Spring-Ready
- The Truth About Failure
- 5 Women You Should Know About
- The Most Expensive Super Bowl Ads of All Time
- Top 10 Cities for Female Entrepreneurs
- Jobs That Didn't Exist 20 Years Ago
- Gifts for the Entrepreneur in Your Life
- How to Secure Your Small Business
- Unique Ways to Thank Your Customers
- Best Cities to Live in With a Salary of $50,000
- How Your Business Can Profit From Halloween
- How to Separate Yourself from Your Business
- How to Manage Your Mental Health as a Business Owner
- Books to Read Before Starting a Business
- 5 Ways to Get Loyal Customers
- Why You Should Take a Staycation
- Businesses You Can Start While Working Full Time
- Should Freelancers Ever Work for Free?
- How to Stay Active at the Office
- Best Business Ideas for People Who Love to Travel
- How to Perfect Your Elevator Pitch
- The Best Places in the World to Work Online From
- 5 Businesses You Can Start for Free
- How to Organize Your Desk for Maximum Productivity
- How Your Business Can Profit off the World Cup
- What the Color of Your Logo Says About Your Business
- How to Become a Wedding Planner
- Why Veterans Make Perfect Entrepreneurs
- Why Every Day Should Be "Take Your Dog to Work Day"
- How to Enjoy Your Summer
- 3 tips For First-Time Freelancers
- 3 Tips for a Stress-Free Vacation
- Spring Cleaning in The Office
- 5 Tips When Starting Your Business
- New to Invoicing
- 3 Tips on Last Minute Tax Filing
- Characteristics of a Successful Business Owner
- Accomplishing Your 2018 Goals
- How to Set and Achieve Your New Year's Goals
- Tips For Boosting Your Productivity
- Motivational Quotes to Get You Through Any Day
- New Flags on The Template Gallery!
- Be Featured on Our Site!
- How to Create Your First Invoice
- A Helping Hand on the Road to Success
- How Wine and Invoicing Go Together
- How to Use 'My Reports' as Statements
- 1st Day of Summer
- A Faster Way to Organize and View Your Documents
- 3 Ways to Wrap Up Your Month
- 5 Activities You Have Time for While Using Invoice Home
- Creating a Partial Payment
- What Invoices and Technology have in Common
- Get an Invoice that Suits You
- Need more details in your Invoice? No problem! Use the Advanced Form.
- Ready to bill your client? Awesome! Time to convert your Estimate into an Invoice.
- Stay organized! Bookmark customers, unpaid.. Here’s how!
- Need Two Taxes on One Item or a Compound Tax?
- Providing discounts? Effortless work-flow here!
- 500 Free Business Logos for You!
- Introducing 300 awesome Invoice Templates - Make your Business Shine!
- Invoice faster, write less. Copy items like this!
- Faster invoicing? Use the ‘Copy’ button. Here’s How.
- Don't mess with passwords anymore!
- Invoice paid in cash? Set it as “Paid” manually.
- Invoice customers faster with the ‘Email’ feature!
- Self-Organized Invoicing is Here!
- See why the New Invoice Home got a 5 Star Rating!
- 100 Professional Invoice Templates to promote your Brand
- Taxable and Non-Taxable Items on One Invoice? Here’s How!
- Get paid faster with Payment Links! Here’s how.