Published November 21, 2018
Three major events happen in November: the leaves changing from green to golden hues, consumers fight to the death for 20% off televisions on Black Friday and, if you’re American, you stuff your face with turkey while declaring what you’re thankful for. Of course as a business owner you are always thankful for your devoted customers no matter what nationality you are or country you’re in. In honor of Thanksgiving, we’re giving you 5 ways to give “thanks” to your customers and how to show gratitude from any latitude:
1. Send Handwritten/Personalized Notes
When you reach out to a big corporation often times they respond with a pre-written script that starts out with “dear customer” “dear user” or just the dreaded “hello [no name]”. But how awesome does it feel when a business actually addresses you as your name and not as a faceless user in their rolodex? Combine this with writing out a note by hand and this feeling gets amplified tenfold.
If you’re a smaller business you can tuck in a handwritten postcard in with your customer’s orders or if you’re a bigger business you can focus on your most loyal patrons. Send notes out for the holidays, on special business milestones, on customer birthdays or even just at random times to say thanks.
2. Start a Loyalty Program
What better way to say thanks than a rewards program? Now you don’t need a system as complicated as Amazon Prime: if you are a brick and mortar store you can offer punch cards where for every 10 purchases your customer earns 20% off their next purchase. For online stores, you can implement a program where for every x amount spent the customer gets points they can redeem for free samples, gift cards and more. Better yet,
3. Spotlight Your Customers
In this day and age you’re sure to have a social media account to promote your business so why not use this to promote your customers and make their day? Post a picture of one of your most loyal customers on Instagram to drive traffic to their page (who doesn’t want more followers and likes on Instagram?) or if they even have their own business you can shout-out their Facebook or website. You can do implement these shout outs into your normal social media schedule which can help you keep a consistent upload schedule when you’ve run out of ideas for content or you’re just having a bad hair day and can’t post a picture.
4. Celebrate Business Milestones with Your Customers
5 years in business? New mobile application? Over 100,000 clients? You wouldn’t have been able to reach these important milestones without your loyal customers so why not celebrate with them? If you have a physical store and are celebrating your anniversary, have an event or party and invite your customers to join in on the fun. Online stores can run special promotions, sales or rewards for a limited time around major milestones to reward customers while highlighting your achievements. Incorporating your customers in your celebrations shows them just how much you value them and fosters a connection between business owner and customer.
During the holidays make sure you add your customers to your list of people to thank no matter what country you live in. Another easy way to say “thanks” to your devoted customers is right on your invoice. The majority of Invoice Home’s 100 templates have “thank you” written right on the form while you can always add a quick “thanks” when sending your PDF invoice by email. No matter if you say “thanks” “gracias” or “merci” showing gratitude towards your customers will always fill them with glee.
- HOW TO: Add Two Taxes or a Compounded Tax to an Invoice
- HOW TO: Manually Mark Invoices as Paid
- HOW TO: Copy Invoice Items Quickly!
- HOW TO: Add Taxable and Non-Taxable Items on One Invoice
- HOW TO: Self-Organized Invoicing is Here!
- HOW TO: Get Paid in a Flash With Payment Links!
- HOW TO: Invoice Customers Faster With the Email Feature!
- HOW TO: Copy an Invoice to Create a New One
- 300 Stunning Invoice Templates for a Polished, Professional Look!
- 3 Tips For Enjoying Summer, Even When You Have to Work!
- 7 Ways to Prevent Work-From-Home Burnout
- How to Get a Customer to Pay Your Invoice
- New Year’s Resolutions for Small Business Owners
- Holiday Gifts for Small Business Owners
- Why You Should Use an Invoice Template Software
- Managing & Engaging Your Remote Employees
- How to Deal With Difficult Customers
- How to Send an Invoice
- 4 Simple Steps to Start Freelancing
- How Your Business Can Profit From Halloween
- You’re Setting the Wrong Goals for Your Business
- How to Get Over Your Phone Anxiety
- Questions to Ask Yourself When Starting a Business
- 4 Steps to Take When Taking on a New Client
- Introducing Cash Receipt Templates!
- How to Make Your Small Business More Professional
- 9 Invoicing Documents, and When You Should Use Them
- Common Mistakes Freelancers Make
- How to Network Without Leaving Your Home
- 6 Signs That You Might be Ready for a Side Hustle
- 8 Financial Blogs Small Business Owners Need to Read
- How to Prevent Late Payments on Invoices
- Top 10 Countries by Startup Ecosystem
- 5 Reasons To Use Paperless Invoices
- How to Avoid a Toxic Workplace
- Why You Should Upgrade to Unlimited Invoicing
- Tech and Economy: How Tel Aviv became the Start-up City
- The Importance of Customer Service
- What is an Invoice?
- 5 Plants to Minimize Toxins & Maximize Productivity
- M-Commerce in Developing Countries
- Customize Your Invoice
- 9 Ways to Vacation Stress-Free
- How to Get Your Laptop Spring-Ready
- The Truth About Failure
- 5 Women You Should Know About
- The Most Expensive Super Bowl Ads of All Time
- Top 10 Cities for Female Entrepreneurs
- Jobs That Didn't Exist 20 Years Ago
- Gifts for the Entrepreneur in Your Life
- How to Secure Your Small Business
- Unique Ways to Thank Your Customers
- Best Cities to Live in With a Salary of $50,000
- How to Separate Yourself from Your Business
- How to Manage Your Mental Health as a Business Owner
- Books to Read Before Starting a Business
- 5 Ways to Get Loyal Customers
- Why You Should Take a Staycation
- Businesses You Can Start While Working Full Time
- Should Freelancers Ever Work for Free?
- How to Stay Active at the Office
- Best Business Ideas for People Who Love to Travel
- How to Perfect Your Elevator Pitch
- The Best Places in the World to Work Online From
- 5 Businesses You Can Start for Free
- How to Organize Your Desk for Maximum Productivity
- How Your Business Can Profit off the World Cup
- What the Color of Your Logo Says About Your Business
- How to Become a Wedding Planner
- Why Veterans Make Perfect Entrepreneurs
- Why Every Day Should Be "Take Your Dog to Work Day"
- 3 tips For First-Time Freelancers
- 3 Tips for a Stress-Free Vacation
- Spring Cleaning in The Office
- 5 Tips When Starting Your Business
- New to Invoicing
- 3 Tips on Last Minute Tax Filing
- Characteristics of a Successful Business Owner
- Accomplishing Your 2018 Goals
- How to Set and Achieve Your New Year's Goals
- Tips For Boosting Your Productivity
- Motivational Quotes to Get You Through Any Day
- New Flags on The Template Gallery!
- Be Featured on Our Site!
- How to Create Your First Invoice
- A Helping Hand on the Road to Success
- How Wine and Invoicing Go Together
- How to Use 'My Reports' as Statements
- 1st Day of Summer
- A Faster Way to Organize and View Your Documents
- 3 Ways to Wrap Up Your Month
- 5 Activities You Have Time for While Using Invoice Home
- Creating a Partial Payment
- What Invoices and Technology have in Common
- Get an Invoice that Suits You
- Need more details in your Invoice? No problem! Use the Advanced Form.
- Ready to bill your client? Awesome! Time to convert your Estimate into an Invoice.
- Stay organized! Bookmark customers, unpaid.. Here’s how!
- Providing discounts? Effortless work-flow here!
- 500 Free Business Logos for You!
- Don't mess with passwords anymore!
- See why the New Invoice Home got a 5 Star Rating!
- 100 Professional Invoice Templates to promote your Brand