Published July 29, 2020
Breaking news: running a business is hard. There are so many different aspects to juggle as a small business owner that it’s impossible to be an expert in everything. But one area stands out as the biggest problem for small businesses: finances. According to smallbizgenius.com, 82% of small businesses that fail do so because of financial issues.
At Invoice Home, we know your business is your prized possession, so you should have every resource you need to make sure it’s running strong. We’ve compiled a list of 8 financial blogs (in no particular order) that every small business owner should read.
Big Ideas for Small Business
Big Ideas for Small Business is a complete source for tax, legal, and financial information specially developed for small businesses and entrepreneurs. Think of them as your online mentor, ready to help you start up or manage your small business. Their founder, Barbara Weltman, has even been called “the guru of small business taxes” by the Wall Street Journal. Big Ideas for Small Business is your one-stop shop for all things financial.
Fundera is a go-to financial resource for every small business. Their mission is to “lift the fog” off of the financial decisions small businesses face, and help owners understand their options. They’ve assisted over 35,000 small businesses, and have a dedicated blog to give small business owners the tools and advice they need to grow and thrive.
Evergreen Small Business
Evergreen Small Business is a bit different than the other blogs listed here: all of their posts are written exclusively by licensed CPAs. Any specific or difficult questions you may have, this is the place to look. On top of that, if you have any further questions about a post, the site lists a direct link to contact their professionals. And if that isn’t enough, they also list their office phone number to call one of their CPAs for consulting. Their dedication to helping businesses navigate their finances can’t be overstated.
Guidant Financial is an industry-leader in innovative small business funding. Their whole mission is to help entrepreneurs get the resources they need to start and maintain their own business. Their blog offers plenty of tips for small business owners, and franchise owners. They also offer a wide range of financial solutions, from SBA loans to 401(k) business financing. If your business needs financial guidance, Guidant Financial is a great resource.
Quick and Dirty Tips
Like their name would suggest, Quick and Dirty Tips provides just that: quick tips for small business owners to help them either at work or at home. For work, they’re all about teaching others to manage their money and learn the financial ropes. For home, they’ll show others how to manage a work life balance, and stay healthy and happy. And aren’t those equally important? Go get some quick tips!
Fit Small Business
Fit Small Business is a leading digital resource for small business owners. They provide content that’s clear and easy to understand so that small businesses have the resources they need to succeed. Their financial advice is outstanding, but they’re far from just a finance blog. Fit Small Business also has helpful articles to assist businesses with marketing, HR, and project management. Whatever questions you may need answers to, it’s almost a guarantee that Fit Small Business has something for you.
Small Business Bonfire
Small Business Bonfire is by no means just a blog (although their blog posts are fantastic). In their own words, it’s a “social, educational and collaborative community for entrepreneurs”. Whether you’re at the beginning of your entrepreneurial journey or a well-established business, Small Business Bonfire is a great destination for entrepreneurs to learn and share knowledge.
Tweak Your Biz
Tweak Your Biz has that rare “mile wide, mile deep” knowledge of all things business. Whatever the category is, they’ve got hundreds of articles that address it. Their financial section alone is so broad and detailed that it could warrant its own website, which earns them a spot on this list. Head to their site for answers to any and all questions related to your small business.
Reading any of these 8 blogs will help you expand your financial knowledge as a small business owner. So what are you waiting for? Start reading, and start learning!
- 3 Tips For Enjoying Summer, Even When You Have to Work!
- 7 Ways to Prevent Work-From-Home Burnout
- How to Get a Customer to Pay Your Invoice
- New Year’s Resolutions for Small Business Owners
- Holiday Gifts for Small Business Owners
- Why You Should Use an Invoice Template Software
- Managing & Engaging Your Remote Employees
- How to Deal With Difficult Customers
- How to Send an Invoice
- 4 Simple Steps to Start Freelancing
- You’re Setting the Wrong Goals for Your Business
- How to Get Over Your Phone Anxiety
- Questions to Ask Yourself When Starting a Business
- 4 Steps to Take When Taking on a New Client
- Introducing Cash Receipt Templates!
- How to Make Your Small Business More Professional
- 9 Invoicing Documents, and When You Should Use Them
- Common Mistakes Freelancers Make
- How to Network Without Leaving Your Home
- 6 Signs That You Might be Ready for a Side Hustle
- 8 Financial Blogs Small Business Owners Need to Read
- How to Prevent Late Payments on Invoices
- Top 10 Countries by Startup Ecosystem
- 5 Reasons To Use Paperless Invoices
- How to Avoid a Toxic Workplace
- Why You Should Upgrade to Unlimited Invoicing
- Tech and Economy: How Tel Aviv became the Start-up City
- The Importance of Customer Service
- What is an Invoice?
- 5 Plants to Minimize Toxins & Maximize Productivity
- M-Commerce in Developing Countries
- Customize Your Invoice
- 9 Ways to Vacation Stress-Free
- How to Get Your Laptop Spring-Ready
- The Truth About Failure
- 5 Women You Should Know About
- The Most Expensive Super Bowl Ads of All Time
- Top 10 Cities for Female Entrepreneurs
- Jobs That Didn't Exist 20 Years Ago
- Gifts for the Entrepreneur in Your Life
- How to Secure Your Small Business
- Unique Ways to Thank Your Customers
- Best Cities to Live in With a Salary of $50,000
- How Your Business Can Profit From Halloween
- How to Separate Yourself from Your Business
- How to Manage Your Mental Health as a Business Owner
- Books to Read Before Starting a Business
- 5 Ways to Get Loyal Customers
- Why You Should Take a Staycation
- Businesses You Can Start While Working Full Time
- Should Freelancers Ever Work for Free?
- How to Stay Active at the Office
- Best Business Ideas for People Who Love to Travel
- How to Perfect Your Elevator Pitch
- The Best Places in the World to Work Online From
- 5 Businesses You Can Start for Free
- How to Organize Your Desk for Maximum Productivity
- How Your Business Can Profit off the World Cup
- What the Color of Your Logo Says About Your Business
- How to Become a Wedding Planner
- Why Veterans Make Perfect Entrepreneurs
- Why Every Day Should Be "Take Your Dog to Work Day"
- 3 tips For First-Time Freelancers
- 3 Tips for a Stress-Free Vacation
- Spring Cleaning in The Office
- 5 Tips When Starting Your Business
- New to Invoicing
- 3 Tips on Last Minute Tax Filing
- Characteristics of a Successful Business Owner
- Accomplishing Your 2018 Goals
- How to Set and Achieve Your New Year's Goals
- Tips For Boosting Your Productivity
- Motivational Quotes to Get You Through Any Day
- New Flags on The Template Gallery!
- Be Featured on Our Site!
- How to Create Your First Invoice
- A Helping Hand on the Road to Success
- How Wine and Invoicing Go Together
- How to Use 'My Reports' as Statements
- 1st Day of Summer
- A Faster Way to Organize and View Your Documents
- 3 Ways to Wrap Up Your Month
- 5 Activities You Have Time for While Using Invoice Home
- Creating a Partial Payment
- What Invoices and Technology have in Common
- Get an Invoice that Suits You
- Need more details in your Invoice? No problem! Use the Advanced Form.
- Ready to bill your client? Awesome! Time to convert your Estimate into an Invoice.
- Stay organized! Bookmark customers, unpaid.. Here’s how!
- Need Two Taxes on One Item or a Compound Tax?
- Providing discounts? Effortless work-flow here!
- 500 Free Business Logos for You!
- Introducing 300 awesome Invoice Templates - Make your Business Shine!
- Invoice faster, write less. Copy items like this!
- Faster invoicing? Use the ‘Copy’ button. Here’s How.
- Don't mess with passwords anymore!
- Invoice paid in cash? Set it as “Paid” manually.
- Invoice customers faster with the ‘Email’ feature!
- Self-Organized Invoicing is Here!
- See why the New Invoice Home got a 5 Star Rating!
- 100 Professional Invoice Templates to promote your Brand
- Taxable and Non-Taxable Items on One Invoice? Here’s How!
- Get paid faster with Payment Links! Here’s how.