Published January 03, 2018
© dina_asileva/Adobe Stock
It is the start of a New Year and as entrepreneurs, it’s a time that should be used to its fullest! We’re talking about creating ‘To Do’ lists and setting goals, whether it’s a 1-year goal or more long term. We’ve all heard it before, “It’s easier said than done”. Well, let us suggest a few tips on how to turn your thoughts into actions. Here are a few steps you can take that will help you check the goals of your list whether they’re big or small.
1. Go to bed at a reasonable time
If you remember our last blog post, we described the importance of waking up early. We all know the feeling of getting out of bed without enough sleep. Prepare to tackle your goals by ensuring that your body gets enough rest. A good tip is to wake up 2 to 3 hours prior to the start of your workday. If this seems impossible, start by setting your alarm ahead by 15 minutes until you’re comfortable and have enough time to prepare for your day. No more rushing out the door with a bagel in your mouth. When your mind and body are fully rested, it won’t argue with you the next morning and you can work your butt off. But if you don’t get enough rest, you won’t be able to function to your fullest potential. You can only give 100% when your battery is fully charged.
2. Recite your written goal
The great thing about writing down your goals is that you are physically committing to each and every task that you plan to accomplish. Another way to take this commitment further is to post this list up in your bathroom or the room where you spend your morning getting ready. After you wake up early and are getting ready for your day, look at this list and read it out loud to yourself. This helps remind you of the purpose of your day and therefore instilling discipline in accomplishing these tasks. And check your completed tasks off the list when you complete them! This is great reinforcement and every morning you can look at this list, and see what is done and what to tackle next!
3. Keep a clean workspace
Yes, having clutter on your desk or workspace can distract you from focusing on your work. If you’re going to redecorate anything this year, start with your workspace as it will set the tone for the rest of the year. Rule of thumb, less is more! When you have fewer things on your desk and only items that inspire you, it helps keep you on track with what needs to get done for the day.
4. Minimize any other types of distractions
Distractions are the enemy, so put your phone away. If using your phone is part of your work, then set it on silent or ‘Do not disturb’ mode. Turn off that Netflix show you are glued to and instead, put on some Spotify music that gets your head in the zone. We all know the things that distract us and cause us procrastinate. So please, do yourself a favor and remember that tasks left undone today will only pile up the next day and the day after.
If you have any tips of your own, feel free to incorporate them into your routine for a successful 2018!
- 7 Ways to Prevent Work-From-Home Burnout
- How to Get a Customer to Pay Your Invoice
- New Year’s Resolutions for Small Business Owners
- Holiday Gifts for Small Business Owners
- Why You Should Use an Invoice Template Software
- Managing & Engaging Your Remote Employees
- How to Deal With Difficult Customers
- How to Send an Invoice
- 4 Simple Steps to Start Freelancing
- You’re Setting the Wrong Goals for Your Business
- How to Get Over Your Phone Anxiety
- Questions to Ask Yourself When Starting a Business
- 4 Steps to Take When Taking on a New Client
- Introducing Cash Receipt Templates!
- How to Make Your Small Business More Professional
- 9 Invoicing Documents, and When You Should Use Them
- Common Mistakes Freelancers Make
- How to Network Without Leaving Your Home
- 6 Signs That You Might be Ready for a Side Hustle
- 8 Financial Blogs Small Business Owners Need to Read
- How to Prevent Late Payments on Invoices
- Top 10 Countries by Startup Ecosystem
- 5 Reasons To Use Paperless Invoices
- How to Avoid a Toxic Workplace
- Why You Should Upgrade to Unlimited Invoicing
- Tech and Economy: How Tel Aviv became the Start-up City
- The Importance of Customer Service
- What is an Invoice?
- 5 Plants to Minimize Toxins & Maximize Productivity
- M-Commerce in Developing Countries
- Customize Your Invoice
- 9 Ways to Vacation Stress-Free
- How to Get Your Laptop Spring-Ready
- The Truth About Failure
- 5 Women You Should Know About
- The Most Expensive Super Bowl Ads of All Time
- Top 10 Cities for Female Entrepreneurs
- Jobs That Didn't Exist 20 Years Ago
- Gifts for the Entrepreneur in Your Life
- How to Secure Your Small Business
- Unique Ways to Thank Your Customers
- Best Cities to Live in With a Salary of $50,000
- How Your Business Can Profit From Halloween
- How to Separate Yourself from Your Business
- How to Manage Your Mental Health as a Business Owner
- Books to Read Before Starting a Business
- 5 Ways to Get Loyal Customers
- Why You Should Take a Staycation
- Businesses You Can Start While Working Full Time
- Should Freelancers Ever Work for Free?
- How to Stay Active at the Office
- Best Business Ideas for People Who Love to Travel
- How to Perfect Your Elevator Pitch
- The Best Places in the World to Work Online From
- 5 Businesses You Can Start for Free
- How to Organize Your Desk for Maximum Productivity
- How Your Business Can Profit off the World Cup
- What the Color of Your Logo Says About Your Business
- How to Become a Wedding Planner
- Why Veterans Make Perfect Entrepreneurs
- Why Every Day Should Be "Take Your Dog to Work Day"
- How to Enjoy Your Summer
- 3 tips For First-Time Freelancers
- 3 Tips for a Stress-Free Vacation
- Spring Cleaning in The Office
- 5 Tips When Starting Your Business
- New to Invoicing
- 3 Tips on Last Minute Tax Filing
- Characteristics of a Successful Business Owner
- Accomplishing Your 2018 Goals
- How to Set and Achieve Your New Year's Goals
- Tips For Boosting Your Productivity
- Motivational Quotes to Get You Through Any Day
- New Flags on The Template Gallery!
- Be Featured on Our Site!
- How to Create Your First Invoice
- A Helping Hand on the Road to Success
- How Wine and Invoicing Go Together
- How to Use 'My Reports' as Statements
- 1st Day of Summer
- A Faster Way to Organize and View Your Documents
- 3 Ways to Wrap Up Your Month
- 5 Activities You Have Time for While Using Invoice Home
- Creating a Partial Payment
- What Invoices and Technology have in Common
- Get an Invoice that Suits You
- Need more details in your Invoice? No problem! Use the Advanced Form.
- Ready to bill your client? Awesome! Time to convert your Estimate into an Invoice.
- Stay organized! Bookmark customers, unpaid.. Here’s how!
- Need Two Taxes on One Item or a Compound Tax?
- Providing discounts? Effortless work-flow here!
- 500 Free Business Logos for You!
- Introducing 300 awesome Invoice Templates - Make your Business Shine!
- Invoice faster, write less. Copy items like this!
- Faster invoicing? Use the ‘Copy’ button. Here’s How.
- Don't mess with passwords anymore!
- Invoice paid in cash? Set it as “Paid” manually.
- Invoice customers faster with the ‘Email’ feature!
- Self-Organized Invoicing is Here!
- See why the New Invoice Home got a 5 Star Rating!
- 100 Professional Invoice Templates to promote your Brand
- Taxable and Non-Taxable Items on One Invoice? Here’s How!
- Get paid faster with Payment Links! Here’s how.