Published June 21, 2018
© LIGHTFIELD STUDIOS /Adobe Stock
Google, Amazon, PepsiCo.-- aside from all being top Fortune 500 Companies-- are all offer one important benefit to their employees, the ability to bring their precious pups to their place of business. But the benefits of dogs in the workplace isn’t reserved just for well-established businesses. Here’s why letting dogs into your small business isn’t such a far-fetched concept:
The Hair of the Dog is the Perfect Cure for Stress
If we all understand one thing about starting your own business it’s this: stress becomes a part of the daily grind. And if we all understand one thing about canines it’s that they help us feel relaxed. Why else would we be constantly referring to them as a “good boy”? In the dog-eat-dog world of business, it makes perfect sense to utilize dogs as stress relievers. Not only is it cheaper than giving your employees extra vacation days, longer lunch breaks, or even paying for massages, having pups at your desks increases employee positivity and morale. One university study even found that employees who were allowed to bring in their pooches reported higher job satisfaction than those who didn’t. Less stress and more satisfaction? Sounds like a business worth working for!
Your Schnauzer Can Ease Employee Schedules
While your business might be your baby, don’t forget that for many people their dogs are their precious fur-babies, and unfortunately, they take up a lot of time and effort. Feedings, walks, keeping them from ripping apart your furniture- thinking and scheduling all these things can keep your employees from concentrating on your business. One day your employee might need to go home early to let their labrador out, the next a different employee might take a longer lunch break to walk their westie. By bringing their dog to work, employees can have peace of mind knowing their animals are safe and sound, which means having more time to focus on work. The decreased stress will also lead to employees taking less sick days meaning you’ll never be shorthanded at the office, especially during the dog days of summer.
Man’s Best Friend Can Help Your Employees Become Best Friends
The bond between a human and a dog is unlike any other (except, of course, the bond between a baby and dog), but luckily we can use our hounds to facilitate human connections. How many times have you stopped a random person on the street just to ask if you can pet their pup? When an employee brings in their dog it gives coworkers an excuse to talk and facilitate a friendship stronger than just “work buddies”. Additionally, because pooches have been proven to increase employee attitude, happy work colleagues are more likely to get along with each other. Would you rather make friends with a smiley officemate or the one who sits in the corner on a computer all day?
Dogs Can Throw You a Bone When it Comes to Creativity
You’re unlike any other company out there: Maybe you sell over 100 varieties of hot sauce or run a business restoring vintage pinball machines. Either way, it’s important for you as a small business to stand out in the crowd with clever marketing and products. Having dogs at the office disrupts the traditional office atmosphere, allowing for out-of-the-box thinking that can give your business an edge. Also, studies have shown that walking can increase creativity by up to 60% when compared to sitting at a computer chair. This means that simply playing fetch with Fido can lead to employees fetching new ideas for your company.
It’s no secret that allowing pooches into your profession will help your small business run with the big business dogs. From decreasing stress to improving employee morale and bolstering creativity, canines hold the power to transform your business. One thing that dogs cannot do, however, is create clean customer invoices for you. Luckily with Invoice Home’s easy to use invoice and receipt templates you’re just a few minutes away from creating stunning customizable bills to send to your customers. Customers will be so impressed with your professional invoices they’ll become as loyal to your business as your pup is loyal to you.
- 7 Ways to Prevent Work-From-Home Burnout
- How to Get a Customer to Pay Your Invoice
- New Year’s Resolutions for Small Business Owners
- Holiday Gifts for Small Business Owners
- Why You Should Use an Invoice Template Software
- Managing & Engaging Your Remote Employees
- How to Deal With Difficult Customers
- How to Send an Invoice
- 4 Simple Steps to Start Freelancing
- You’re Setting the Wrong Goals for Your Business
- How to Get Over Your Phone Anxiety
- Questions to Ask Yourself When Starting a Business
- 4 Steps to Take When Taking on a New Client
- Introducing Cash Receipt Templates!
- How to Make Your Small Business More Professional
- 9 Invoicing Documents, and When You Should Use Them
- Common Mistakes Freelancers Make
- How to Network Without Leaving Your Home
- 6 Signs That You Might be Ready for a Side Hustle
- 8 Financial Blogs Small Business Owners Need to Read
- How to Prevent Late Payments on Invoices
- Top 10 Countries by Startup Ecosystem
- 5 Reasons To Use Paperless Invoices
- How to Avoid a Toxic Workplace
- Why You Should Upgrade to Unlimited Invoicing
- Tech and Economy: How Tel Aviv became the Start-up City
- The Importance of Customer Service
- What is an Invoice?
- 5 Plants to Minimize Toxins & Maximize Productivity
- M-Commerce in Developing Countries
- Customize Your Invoice
- 9 Ways to Vacation Stress-Free
- How to Get Your Laptop Spring-Ready
- The Truth About Failure
- 5 Women You Should Know About
- The Most Expensive Super Bowl Ads of All Time
- Top 10 Cities for Female Entrepreneurs
- Jobs That Didn't Exist 20 Years Ago
- Gifts for the Entrepreneur in Your Life
- How to Secure Your Small Business
- Unique Ways to Thank Your Customers
- Best Cities to Live in With a Salary of $50,000
- How Your Business Can Profit From Halloween
- How to Separate Yourself from Your Business
- How to Manage Your Mental Health as a Business Owner
- Books to Read Before Starting a Business
- 5 Ways to Get Loyal Customers
- Why You Should Take a Staycation
- Businesses You Can Start While Working Full Time
- Should Freelancers Ever Work for Free?
- How to Stay Active at the Office
- Best Business Ideas for People Who Love to Travel
- How to Perfect Your Elevator Pitch
- The Best Places in the World to Work Online From
- 5 Businesses You Can Start for Free
- How to Organize Your Desk for Maximum Productivity
- How Your Business Can Profit off the World Cup
- What the Color of Your Logo Says About Your Business
- How to Become a Wedding Planner
- Why Veterans Make Perfect Entrepreneurs
- Why Every Day Should Be "Take Your Dog to Work Day"
- How to Enjoy Your Summer
- 3 tips For First-Time Freelancers
- 3 Tips for a Stress-Free Vacation
- Spring Cleaning in The Office
- 5 Tips When Starting Your Business
- New to Invoicing
- 3 Tips on Last Minute Tax Filing
- Characteristics of a Successful Business Owner
- Accomplishing Your 2018 Goals
- How to Set and Achieve Your New Year's Goals
- Tips For Boosting Your Productivity
- Motivational Quotes to Get You Through Any Day
- New Flags on The Template Gallery!
- Be Featured on Our Site!
- How to Create Your First Invoice
- A Helping Hand on the Road to Success
- How Wine and Invoicing Go Together
- How to Use 'My Reports' as Statements
- 1st Day of Summer
- A Faster Way to Organize and View Your Documents
- 3 Ways to Wrap Up Your Month
- 5 Activities You Have Time for While Using Invoice Home
- Creating a Partial Payment
- What Invoices and Technology have in Common
- Get an Invoice that Suits You
- Need more details in your Invoice? No problem! Use the Advanced Form.
- Ready to bill your client? Awesome! Time to convert your Estimate into an Invoice.
- Stay organized! Bookmark customers, unpaid.. Here’s how!
- Need Two Taxes on One Item or a Compound Tax?
- Providing discounts? Effortless work-flow here!
- 500 Free Business Logos for You!
- Introducing 300 awesome Invoice Templates - Make your Business Shine!
- Invoice faster, write less. Copy items like this!
- Faster invoicing? Use the ‘Copy’ button. Here’s How.
- Don't mess with passwords anymore!
- Invoice paid in cash? Set it as “Paid” manually.
- Invoice customers faster with the ‘Email’ feature!
- Self-Organized Invoicing is Here!
- See why the New Invoice Home got a 5 Star Rating!
- 100 Professional Invoice Templates to promote your Brand
- Taxable and Non-Taxable Items on One Invoice? Here’s How!
- Get paid faster with Payment Links! Here’s how.